Hsse Project Support Jobs Vacancy in Wood Johannesburg
Wood Johannesburg urgently required following position for Hsse Project Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hsse Project Support Jobs Vacancy in Wood Johannesburg Jobs Details:
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE Project Support extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry tobe based in our Bryanston office.
Main purpose of the role:
- You are appointed as HSSE Manager within the African operating unit, in the EMEA region, part of the Mining and Minerals - STS business unit for the FEED for Tharisa Vulcan Plant in Rustenburg.
- You report directly to the Operations HSSEA Manager for EMEA with a functional reporting line to the Project Manager
- You are responsible and accountable to ensure that your assigned Project comply with all the applicable HSSEA statutory requirements and Wood policies and procedures, which may be amended from time to time
- Provide strategic HSSE direction to the Project Management Team.
- Develop a contractor HSSE prequalification specification
- Participate in the contractor, supplier HSSE pre - qualification and selection processes.
- Develop during the FEED a HSSE execution plan based on the Blue Book and Volume 6, Waste Management Plan, Security Plan and Traffic Management Plan
- Have input and participate in project reviews and risk assessments
- Develop a formal Wood project HSSE Induction program
- Develop, in consultation with Tharisa (Client) the project HSSE specification
- Develop upfront all relevant PIFS for the project execution phase
- Provide advice, support and progress made on all HSSE activities to the Project Manager during the FEED phase
- Develop in conjunction with Tharisa (Client) a baseline risk assessment for the execution phase
- Be an active role model and lead by example to promote Wood values and Code of Business Conduct
Skills / Qualifications
- Construction Background (at least 5 years)
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyze Project HSSE statistical data including graphical presentation
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyze Project HSSE Risk data including graphical presentation
- Ability to facilitate Project HSSE risk assessment processes
- Ability to develop & present subject - related training
- Knowledge on ISO 31000 (Risk), OHSAS 18001 (Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environment)
- Knowledge on PMBOK Project Management principles
- Knowledge on the Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993, Mine Health & Safety Act 29 of 1996 & any other relevant legislation
- Knowledge on HSSE Management Systems & International Best Practices
- Ability to develop & perform HSSEA assurance audits
- Ability to perform accident & incident investigations, including report writing