Pipeline Private Banker Apb Gauteng South Jobs Vacancy in Barclays Johannesburg
Barclays Johannesburg urgently required following position for Pipeline Private Banker Apb Gauteng South. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pipeline Private Banker Apb Gauteng South Jobs Vacancy in Barclays Johannesburg Jobs Details:
Pipeline: Private Banker APB Gauteng South(Job Number: 90124227)
- To own the primary relationship with our clients by being the client’s main contact point and to work collaboratively with specialists (ie financial and estate planners) to ensure that our clients experience the full spectrum of our value proposition.
- To ensure that you achieve the required contact strategy relevant to your portfolio based on client segmentation of your portfolio.
- To build, maintain and execute on client relationship plans to ensure you fully understand your clients’ needs and that we hold the primary relationship with our clients.
- To secure new business through interaction and engagement with current and prospective clients and leads generation and ensure new clients are fully on boarded.
- Ensure retention of clients in within acceptable targets and apply remedial actions where appropriate.
- Consistently achieve customer satisfaction scores as per agreed threshold by ensuring that customers are appropriately serviced in line with our value proposition.
- To work seamlessly with the sales support team in ensuring that they are enabled to support you in your portfolio.
- Prepare weekly for performance discussions with Manager Sales and Service to review client contact plans, client relationship plans, opportunities, successors and support required.
- To review and negotiate pricing structures with clients, in line with the Absa Pricing policy to ensure that the portfolio profitability is managed optimally.
- To effectively cross and up sell the appropriate products to the clients ensuring that all requirements in terms of FAIS (Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act), FICA (Financial intelligence Centre Act) and NCA (National Credit Act) are met.
- Analyse sales achieved against opportunities in portfolios on a monthly basis for new and existing client.
- Complete a monthly analysis of the profitability of the portfolio of clients including the quality of credit and make recommendations to the Manager Sales and Service if actions are required for identified clients.
- Co -Manage high risk clients’ accounts in collaboration with Credit Operations (Credit Lending, Existing customer Management and third Party Management) and Regional Credit Consultant by assisting with liaison between credit and the client.
- Ensure transparency and open dialogue between credit and the client by communicating the client’s requirements, by means of properly motivated and well-articulated motivations with the required supporting documents and giving feedback on the banks’ position regarding these requirements.
- Assist with the development of high quality credit client solutions which are both practical and appropriate (i.e. lending structures) for clients by influencing credit with knowledge on the client’s requirements as well as business and industry related knowledge.
- Coordinate and drive outstanding client reviews and ensure timeous finalisation.
- Ensure that arrangements with clients are within the credit guidelines and that credit is informed of any special arrangements via utilisation of the prescribed systems.
- To act as backup for other Private Bankers in the team in case of absence or during peak times according to the agreed schedule as provided by management.
- Keep abreast of developments in the industry/sector to ensure adequate client service and to support potential risks and or opportunities.
- Obtain and/or maintain the required FAIS (Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act) appropriate qualification or regulatory examination before the regulatory due dates and ensure that Continuous Professional Development (CPD) hours are maintained at all times.
- Complete the relevant Compliance, Risk and System, Product and role fundamental training as per the Private Bank Minimum Training requirements.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Negotiation skills
- B-degree in Commerce, Finance or Banking or equivalent NQF level 7
- Five (5) years’ experience in Financial Services industry
- Three (3) years must have been in a Sales and Relationship Management environment
- Two (2) years’ experience in client facing interaction selling wealth solutionsProficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the Internet
- No criminal record
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy