General Manager The Dot Jobs Vacancy in The Dot Cape Town
The Dot Cape Town urgently required following position for General Manager The Dot. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Manager The Dot Jobs Vacancy in The Dot Cape Town Jobs Details:
General Manager: On the Dot
On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24 in Western Cape, currently requires the services of a GM: On the Dot.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as General Manager: On the Dot, reporting to the CEO: Print Media. The position will be based at their offices in Paarden Eiland.
Main purpose of the role
- To ensure the effective overall operations and performance of the subdivision by developing core business strategies to facilitate new business development, while ensuring the functionality and sustainability of the division through continuous cost efficiency improvements
- Relevant postgraduate business qualification
- MBA (preferred)
- At least 8 years’ experience at a mid-management level
- Excellent knowledge of relevant industry
- Good understanding of financial management principles; In-depth understanding of core business principles
- Good understanding of relevant legislation
Skills and Competencies
- Strategy development skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Impact and influence
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship-building skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Judgment and decision-making skills
- Results driven
- Establish, guide, direct and oversee a strategic plan for the division, in line with the overall divisional strategy, to promote revenue, profitability and growth as a division;
- Ensure implementation of strategies by delegating appropriate authority levels to key managers, and monitoring progress;
- Regularly review strategy to ensure currency and appropriateness and proactively assess future business needs;
- Build the brand(s) in the best possible way for the business success (applicable in certain divisions);
- Oversee the division’s operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources;
- Drive and implement changes to structure, operations, management and other resources to achieve optimum efficiency and profitability;
- Identify and timeously address problems and opportunities central to business success and solve critical issues;
- Identify acquisition, merger, new business and market opportunities, make recommendations to CEO of Print Media and direct implementation thereof once approved;
- Review management and financial reporting and statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives, and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions;
- Build strategic partnerships to ensure enduring business affiliations, identifying and developing affiliations where appropriate;
- Develop and maintain a high-performance team and regularly evaluate performance of management team for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements, meet principles of sound corporate governance and internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards;
- Drive organisational culture and values in the division;
- Provide accurate and relevant reporting information to top management monthly or as requested to assist with strategic organisational decision-making.
- Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost structures in line with industry trends