Blasting Operator Jobs Vacancy in Dry Ice International Port Elizabeth
Dry Ice International Port Elizabeth urgently required following position for Blasting Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Blasting Operator Jobs Vacancy in Dry Ice International Port Elizabeth Jobs Details:
Blasting Operator to clean blast the moulds of a manufacturing client in Port Elizabeht
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL CANDIDATES TO APPLY
LOCATION: PORT ELIZABETH, EASTERN CAPE
POSITION: Dry Ice Blasting Operator (10 roles)
SALARY: R30 per hour
DURATION: For Duration of Tender
INDUSTRY: Industrial Dry Ice Blast Cleaning
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Clean blasting area;
- Dry ice blasting of automotive welding equipment;
- Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action;
- Feeding of dry ice blasting machine with dry ice pellets
- Turn valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of blasting media flowing through nozzle;
- Start equipment that directs blasting pellets in compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts;
- Manually direct nozzle over surface of large parts and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval;
- May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications;
- May be designated by type of equipment to be used;
- Utilizes industrialized barge cleaning equipment, including pots, hoses, & nozzles to efficiently clean the barge and prepare it for painting;
- During the blasting process, responsible for maintaining a clean work area by shovelling debris as necessary;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the project leader.
BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Independent thinking;
- Customer focus;
- Time management.
- Technical in the automotive environment;
- Plant environment;
- Understanding pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
- Health and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have own reliable transport;
- Must already be based in the greater Port Elizabeth area;
- Must be willing to abide by the company values;
- MIE Verification checks will be performed on the successful candidate;
- The successful candidate will undergo certain screening assessments
- Must be willing to work overtime;
- Knowledge of the automotive manufacturing environment will be an advantage.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements, should not apply. Communication will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.