Microbiologist Jobs Vacancy in Bbi Group Cape Town
Bbi Group Cape Town urgently required following position for Microbiologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Microbiologist Jobs Vacancy in Bbi Group Cape Town Jobs Details:
As a Microbiologist, you will be responsible for conducting and reporting on microbiologist investigations, tests and analyses and ensuring that the appropriate procedures are being followed by monitoring relevant production processes and reporting on the findings. You will also assist with new product development and marketing of products and services.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Perform and record microbiological tests on as per the product specifications and microbiology laboratory procedures
- Performs environmental monitoring in accordance to the relevant procedures
- Monthly report of microbiological analyses and environmental monitoring including long term trending of results and recommendations to resolve issues
- Manage and perform calibrations & verifications of relevant instrumentation according to the calibration manual
- Stock control of microbiological media Implement and maintain GLP in the Microbiology Laboratory as per ISO 17025 & ICH guidelines
- Investigate and report non-conforming results in line with the OOS procedure
- Assist with validation studies according to the validation programme
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon results
- Maintain all ATCC/Standard cultures
- Review current test & laboratory procedures for continuous improvement
- Adhere to and assist with health and Safety programme
- Adhere to and assist with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Commitment to a culture of Continuous Improvements
- Manage; record and report on labour and materials allocated to the various SBUs
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for the micro-laboratory
As a Microbiologist, you will need previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry and have a degree in wither microbiology/medical science or biotechnology.
You will be required to have a sound understanding of current regulations including, but not limited to ISO 13485, ISO 17025, ICH Q7 and GMP. You will need to ability to source technical literature in the field of microbiology and have a good understanding of microbiology techniques, terminology and equipment.
Knowledge of the methods and experienced techniques used in the preparation of biological products is essential along with knowledge of lean manufacturing and 5S housekeeping.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter.
AA candidates will be given preference in line with our AA requirements; however, we will select candidates from all groups.